WHAT'S GOIN' ON HERE?

Monday, December 22, 2008

RAX3! Yet Another Random Access "Twas The Night Before"...And So Forth!

.
This week's Random Access Christmas features Bill Continelli W2XOY serving up another amateur radio version of "The Night Before Christmas". Your humble producer (that's me) performed the introduction to Bill's holiday story. I assumed the role of Father Christmas, complete with heavy blustery winds and blinding snow - you imagine all this in your personal theater of the mind since this whole thing is an audio presentation.
.
But here's a bit of inside, behind-the-scenes, information! At the time when I recorded that intro, I was suffering from a G*dawful head cold and as such my voice was quite raspy. This was actually not a bad thing but to enhance the gravelly effect even further, I took my Father Christmas voice track and modulated it with a 7 Hz tone. The result was a curious, fluttery effect
which worked well with the all the blowing and howling winds.
.
Unfortunately, none of the Random Access Christmas programs are currently on file in my RATParts at TWIAR because those shows kept on George's harddrive. But! You can certainly download either the This Week in Amateur Radio ham service or This Week in Amateur Radio International for the week ending December 20th.
.

No comments: