WHAT'S GOIN' ON HERE?

Saturday, December 13, 2008

The VHF Pirate Repeater Story Continues! More from 158.400 MHz in Upstate New York!

.
A while back, I did a Random Access program (for the week ending 8/2/08) on a remarkable business band pirate repeater running locally on 158.400 MHz here in the Capital Region of upstate New York, which has been up and running for a few years now. This week, I received an email from a licensed commercial operator who has been interfered with by this bootlegger. While it appears the FCC can move swiftly when it comes to unlicensed freebanders, it may be another story when it comes to VHF QRM from a local interloper.
.
Download either RAT080731_1584_BCQ.cab or RAT080731_1584_HAM.cab to hear what this electronic mess sounds like! Use your WinZIP or IZArc to recover the WAV file inside!
.
Hey there found your website by Googling the freq. I am the owner of the repeater that was getting slammed by this moron when he was on 158.385. I went on a search and destroy mission awhile back to no avail. I did find out its somewhere up in Brunswick area The repeater that is. A friend of my did a Doppler thing and got the input and pl and we annoyed him off the air from 158.385. Very hi profile setup I can use to be able to key it from Greene county and hear it out in Delaware county. I filed a complaint with the FCC but I guess they don't care as he's still at it. Morse code id,Beep's etc. Was on a couple nights ago searching his property and called SP about a car. Also some of us noticed that upper New Jersey address's pop up from time to time. Maybe has it hooked to Echolink or something??? if you go to popularwireless.com there's like 21 pages of this ass I am not the only one hearing it. I have hadn't written pages of stuff I have heard and faxed it to FCC to no avail. Thanks for posting stuff like this as I am glad I am not the only one who cares to get these type of people off the air.
.
Chris Scott KB2KNB WNLF-920 WQDT-760 WPRT-843

No comments: