WHAT'S GOIN' ON HERE?

Saturday, September 19, 2009

MAIL'S IN!

Here, in no particular order, are a few recent e-mail requests for an Official This Week in Amateur Radio QSL Card. The more traditional pathway of writing a reception report and mailing it to: This Week in Amateur Radio Post Office Box 30, Sand Lake, New York 12153 has given way in recent years to an e-mail request sent to n2fnh@capital.net. So, whether you receive the program over your local VHF or UHF repeater, copy the show over WBCQ or download the latest weekly Internet Podcast, you can get your own TWIAR QSL Card by taking pen to paper, or fingers to keyboard. either way works!

---
Subject: Re: @GOWRONE A QSL FOR YOU! BEST 73 DE N2FNH
wow that was cool! hahah funny too! you should do one with all the voices you have lol. i know some of the names of them, but who all do you have running the machine? lol.
---
Hi Bill,
Jim Fidler here, VO1RV.
I'm a recording artist, white caner and have been doing a show called Republic Of Avalon Radio for 5 years now. Oh, did I forget to mention a huge fan of the Random Access Thought? I've been radio since birth; starting with a transistor radio, tuning around the AM band at nights, SW listener, broadcaster and advanced amateur operator since 1984. Due to RFI problems, I've been off the air for longer than I'd like to say. Recently, I've ordered the IC706 MKIIG. Those pesky nabours will have to follow me around in the mobile now if they want to complain. I'm beyond happy about finally being able to get back on HF, as you could well imagine.Well, the long and the short of it is, in celebration of my revived status as a ham, a radio ham that is, I've been the other kind all the way through, I'm producing a special edition of our show all about radio. As part of this show, I'd be tickled if I had a piece from you for inclusion. It need not be anything too complicated; even a brief bit just IDing Republic Of Avalon Radio would be fantastic. I'd love to have an ID from you anyway and link to you and TWIAR through our website at: www.republicofavalonradio.com So, what do you think? Can ya help a guy out??? Well, hopefully, thanks in advance. Cheers and a big 73 from myself and 88 from my XYL Lillian, who's call just happens to be VO1XYL.
Best, Jim
http://www.jimfidler.com/
http://www.republicofavalonradio.com/

Thanks a million Bill!
I very much look forward to it. Well, it's off to play some more with my new IC MKIIG. What a nice little radio. Can't wait to get it into the mobile and tak'er on the road.
Cheers and 73,
Jim - VO1RV
---
lost my QSL card for TWIAR during my move. Please send me a new one! I still listen to you via the podcast. No one in my area seems to be broadcasting the show.
Jim Deneen - KD8LWP
I'm ArcaneRadio on twitter.
Thanks

No comments: