WHAT'S GOIN' ON HERE?

Sunday, March 29, 2009

THERE'S A LETTER IN YOUR MAILBOX!!!!!

Here, in no particular order, are a few recent e-mail requests for an Official This Week in Amateur Radio QSL Card. The more traditional pathway of writing a reception report and mailing it to: This Week in Amateur Radio Post Office Box 30, Sand Lake, New York 12153 has given way in recent years to an e-mail request sent to n2fnh@capital.net. So, whether you receive the program over your local VHF or UHF repeater, copy the show over WBCQ or download the latest weekly Internet Podcast, you can get your own TWIAR QSL Card by taking pen to paper, or fingers to keyboard. either way works!

---
(Editor's Note: With reference to The Random Access Thought: The Story of Reginald)
.
Great job be it true or fiction just a great story. Since you are in Buffalo I would have liked to heard a short WKBW clip worked into to show.
.
Jerry Fisher
VE4SAT
---
Hi, I didn't write for a QSL..But would like one....My comment was about the Security Gard/CB story. I don't know if this was true or fiction but a great piece. If it was in Buffalo I thought you could have worked a WKBW clip into the background... KW is Buffalo..The last time I was there was in 1999. I turned on the radio expecting KB to be rockin away instead a baseball game-times change. I lived in the Springfield,Mass area in the early 60's and remember WKBW and WTRY in their prime as rockers.
.
Jerry Fisher
VE4SAT
---
Hi, I am sure that a good segment of your audience are Viet Nam Era Vets...Stratovision was used during the early phases of the War. A mention of this would have been great.
.
Jerry Fisher
VE4SAT
.
Hi Jerry, Thanks for writing! During the course of research on Stratovision, there was no direct reference to Viet Nam era deployment but I have also heard that such techniques have been used by the USA in Afghanistan in recent times. The orginal concept for Stratovision took place in 1940's and 50's as a non-military educational apllication. But perhaps we have some core material for a future Random Access Thought. I've been on hiatus for a few months and plan to start cutting new programs soon, so this may be good follow-up. > Anyway, thanks for writing. I believe you wrote for a QSL Card. I was wondering if you received it. More later!
.
Bill/N2FNH
---
found your programs on backmasking and oija entertaining (though the latter was creepy). My friend in Pennsylvania recorded the programs and sent them on a CD to me (in Kansas city, mo) and I found them cool. My friend has lots of radio equipment and an huge antenna he strings through a fence, so he can record stuff from WOKIE and WBCQ, which is probably where he got your program from. I don't have much use for a QSL card (except as a coaster), but anything else would be cool. I guess my friend could use such a card, but I'm not sure. Anyways, please make more shows about weird or silly stuff and less rants about radios.
.
"Wagner, Christopher"

No comments: