WHAT'S GOIN' ON HERE?

Sunday, August 10, 2008

WARNING WILL ROBINSON! IT AIN'T WATCHA THINK!


On occasion, I will perform Google searches on keywords associated with This Week in Amateur Radio, TWIAR, TWIARi, The Random Access Thought, The Ancient Amateur Archives, along with other significant key phrases. Because some of us involved with the production of TWIAR now have these amazingly entertaining blogs to share with you, I also perform random blog searches as well. In the last week, I have made the observation that there are other blogs or web sites arranging things such that when you blog search: TWIAR (as an example), the following listing will be retrieved:


Likewise, a listing such as this:


While I have noticed that there are a few other blogs within the blogspot environment that legitimately reference This week in Amateur Radio, there are others that borrow keywords and phrases and tie them to their website which, should you key on them, will produce subject matter inconsistent with amateur radio. In fact, the content will be p#rn#graphic.

The important considerations in connecting to these sites are: Will visiting a parasitic p#rnblog result in increased and unwanted junk p#rn e-mail in my inbox? By connecting to these pages, do I increase the risk of virus infection, and invite installation of hidden programs on my computer which will redirect my computer's activities?

Chances are, if p#rn is your scene, you have already located such sites elsewhere, but if you're just looking for amateur radio related information, then take the time to carefully check the website address and read the listing descriptive. P.S. - George, I know it's really "Danger Will Robinson!"

No comments: