WHAT'S GOIN' ON HERE?

Friday, August 22, 2008

QSL? YES! We QSL 100 Per Cent!

One of the most enjoyable aspects of being involved with This week in Amateur Radio is to answer requests for our official TWIAR QSL Card. We started issuing QSL cards back in 2005 and at the time, most of the reception reports originated from listeners to our TWIARi broadcastheard each week over WBCQ at 7415 KHz, currently Sundays at 4PM Eastern Time.

But over the years, there has been a shift from this more traditional reception to Internet podcast listening, so these days virtually all This Week in Amateur Radio requests come from podcast listeners. Jeffery Dubin of lake In The Hills, Illinois dropped an e-mail. Checking for his address at QRZ.com, I found his QSL card and a descriptive background.. Let us know you're out there. Drop an e-mail to: n2fnh@capital.net or send a classic reception report to: This Week in Amateur Radio Post Office Box 30, Sand Lake, New York, 12153.



Hello, my name is Jeffrey and living In Lake In The Hills, IL I am married to my beautiful wife Rachel who has a huge interest in Amateur Radio. Also, have a son Ethan who was born 11/12/05. Both of them are my two joys in life. I have been licensed since 1991. Since then I have upgraded to Extra class. I Obtained my Extra right before they got rid of the 20 wpm CW requirements "Figures!!". I enjoy Contesting and of course I love DX'ing. I have always been a DX chaser and to this day I am always looking for more DX stations to talk too, and more QSL cards to place on the wall. I started a local group in the McHenry Co area called McHenry Co Monitoring Group http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MHCMG/ or check out our website at http://www.mhcmg.com. We, meet once a month for a casual break-fest just to chit chat about Ham Radio stuff or scanners. I, just renewed my VE certification for the ARRL. So, hoping to be testing new members or anyone who's interested. Currently in search for 2 other VE's in the area to get a VE team started.

My station: TS-850S, Ameritron AL-811 Linear, Pentium 4 computer, Sony Viso Laptop which allows me to control the whole HF station, 10' roof-tower, CC A3S (3 ele tri-bander for 10,15,20M), and a Scantenna antenna for my scanners (Bearcat 996T Base and a Bearcat 796D Mobile) A Dual band vertical for my VHF/UHF base. Cushcraft A27010S for 2M/70CM. Also, just built a 800MHz Yagi for monitoring 800MHz trunking stuff. I run an EchoLink node #198432 on frequency 146.445 MHz with a PL of 173.8. Right now the computer that runs the node is DEAD so bare with me on putting the node back online soon. This spring is when I plan on getting busy with new antenna projects!!! You can check out my where-abouts at http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/find.cgi?N9MXT-9 This is a tracker in my vehicle! Current modes I run are D-Star with my IC91AD and APCO25 with my Motorola Astro Saber III. I monitor the N9OZB repeater in the shack all the time and also FISHFAR. Well I plan on getting a mobile Astro soon and a D-STAR mobile soon.

Well, hope to see and meet all of you someday!

No comments: