WHAT'S GOIN' ON HERE?

Friday, August 29, 2008

E-Mail! We Get E-Mail! We want to hear from you!

Here, in no particular order, are a few recent e-mail requests for an Official This Week in Amateur Radio QSL Card. The more traditional pathway of writing a reception report and mailing it to: This Week in Amateur Radio Post Office Box 30, Sand Lake, New York 12153 has given way in recent years to an e-mail request sent to n2fnh@capital.net. So, whether you receive the program over your local VHF or UHF repeater, copy the show over WBCQ or download the latest weekly Internet Podcast, you can get your own TWIAR QSL Card by taking pen to paper, or fingers to keyboard. either way works!

Hello,
I wanted to write & let you know that I've listened to each and every installment of TWiAR since first discovering the podcast back in late 2005. Thanks to iTunes, it's a snap to download the program & stuff it into my iPod (along with a multitude of other shows relating to ham radio, shortwave radio, pirate radio & just broadcasting in general). I take a three mile walk every day during my lunch hour & TWiAR goes with me one day per week. I really enjoy all of the regular features (particularly the Random Access Thought, The Ancient Amateur Archives, et al) & credit your podcast as being my the inspiration for purchasing my first MP3 player waaaay back when. Keep up the great service; it is appreciated!
Brian / KA6WSR
Riverside, CA USA
Oh yeah... I'd really like to receive one of those This Week in Amateur Radio QSL cards you mentioned in the last show if you'd be so kind. Thanks in advance!

---
My name is Simon, N7VTD, and I am listening to the show via podcast while at work in Portland, OR. Excellent show and very useful. I hope you keep it going for many years to come.
73
Simon
---
Just wanted to drop you a line. I found the podcast of your show and really enjoyed it. I've never heard it on any of the local repeaters around my area. The show is informative & entertaining which I like.
Best regards,
Scott
KC9JRF
---
Hello,
I listen to your POD CAST every week on the way to work. I drive about 42miles each way and love listening to the show because it keeps me interested and makes me enjoy the long drive. Without you I would prob be seeking new work closer to home! Love all the sound effects and of course love Random Access Thought of course the tick tock routine and most of all Technology Report with Leo! Please send me a QSL card so that I can hang it right on the wall.
Jeffrey Dubin - N9MXT
---
Greetings!
I was listening to This Week In Amateur Radio #799 and heard a bit about getting a QSL card. So I would like to get my first one. ;) My name is Brendan Leber and my callsign is KD7LAH. I've been licensed since 2000 but upgraded to General earlier this year and am really getting into the hobby now. I live in Seattle and my address (if the FCC hasn't updated the database since my move) is:
Brendan Leber
Seattle, WA
I listen to the podcast while at work during the day. I subscribed in iTunes using the podcast link on the TWIAR website.
73 de Brendan
---
Greetings from Louisville KY.
I am Larin, N9CTR and listen to TWIAR on my IPOD, getting the podcast though ITUNES. I really enjoy the show.
Thanks
Larin Vonnahme
---
We faithfully listen to the Full Version of TWIAR weekly using an MP3 download from your website played through Winamp into desktop speakers connected to our personal home computer using Windows XP operating system.
VE7BGJ Walter Hendrickson
VA7CHR Cheryl McDuff
Burnaby, B.C. CANADA
---
Hi there, been listening to TWIAR for a couple years now...love it...and enjoy my listening on my HP Pocket PC while walking my dog Keddy. Keep up the great work.
73
Joe
VO1BQ
---
Hello Bill,
I listen to TWIAR International each week via podcast on my Nokia N82
http://www.nseries.com/products/n82/ mobile phone, I download podcasts directly onto the device via my WiFi Internet connection. I especially enjoy your Ancient Amateur Archives, my favourite was "The Story of Reginald". I have been a Security Officer and Amateur Radio Operator most of my adult life and I have seen a few Reginald's during this time and your story really brought back memories. I live in Healesville, a town about 60km North East of Melbourne, Victoria Australia. I am a member of the local club, Yarra Valley Amateur Radio Group http://www.yarravalley.ar.org.au/ and we have a 2M Repeater VK3RYV on 146.725 MHz. Keep up the good work with the broadcast. The views I present are that of my own and NOT of any organisation I may belong to.
73 de Simon, VK3XEM.
---
N9HDO listening on an Ipod in Indianapolis, IN. Couldn't quite make out your domain name in the 7/13/2008 message, but I found your juno addy on your blog. Oh, RATRAT . . . LOL. Len Cooley

No comments: