WHAT'S GOIN' ON HERE?

Friday, April 17, 2009

ECHELON Wouldn't Be Interested...But You? Maybe!

Here, in no particular order, are a few recent e-mail requests for an Official This Week in Amateur Radio QSL Card. The more traditional pathway of writing a reception report and mailing it to: This Week in Amateur Radio Post Office Box 30, Sand Lake, New York 12153 has given way in recent years to an e-mail request sent to n2fnh@capital.net. So, whether you receive the program over your local VHF or UHF repeater, copy the show over WBCQ or download the latest weekly Internet Podcast, you can get your own TWIAR QSL Card by taking pen to paper, or fingers to keyboard. either way works!


---
Hey Bill, I must say I have enjoyed your blogs and musings on TWIAR for some time. Just thought I'd drop you a quick line to say "hello"! As a wise man once said: "The static has ears"! On that 158.400 thing. It turns out there are a couple of blogs on the popular wireless on the topic. You kinda have to wind your way around that site to find them. I have my theories about how this might be happening. I will not say yet though. I will say that one of those blogs had someone track one of their sites to near Brunswick NY. I will also say that if you listen in the early morning to 158.400, you will hear some somewhat "regular" QSO's from guys who I think are the real "players" on this - one of whom's voice sounds very familiar??** Coincidence?? Apparently this has been an ongoing thing for the past 4 years or so and involves a network of repeaters which spans Northern Jersey to Northern NY. Hmmmm........ If you can stand it, listen to 158.4000 in the backround for a couple of days.
73's - Joe
.
** JOE MADE A REFERENCE TO A REGIONAL SYSTEM IN THIS AREA WHICH I WITHHELD UNTIL MORE INFORMATION COMES FORTH. DON'T WORRY BE HAPPY!
---
Hi Bill;
My name is also Bill. I visited your Random Access Thought blogspot. I enjoyed reading it. I also listen to you on radio station WBCQ, 7.415 Mc Shortwave, when I can hear the station. I used to listen to you on a local amateur radio repeater on 145.19 Mc, but you are not there anymore. I would like a QSL card. I just had lunch, a bowl of Cream of Mushroom soup. I made it with milk instead of water. My computer, with which I visited your blogspot, is a Dell INSPIRON E1505 laptop. I have many shortwave radios, but I use a Kaito 1103 to tune in WBCQ.
.
I enjoyed your blogspot very much. I made it a Favorite on my computer, and will visit it again. A friend of mine, also named Bill, wants me to start a blog. After visiting this site, I may.
.
I like the name Bill, don't you? Although sometimes I want to be called "Louie". Some people call me "CLO", I don't know why. Please send me a QSL card. The secret code is RATRAT.
.
My address is
Bill Continelli
Rensselaer, NY

No comments: