WHAT'S GOIN' ON HERE?

Friday, November 14, 2008

Get the Door! It's the Mail!

Here, in no particular order, are a few recent e-mail requests for an Official This Week in Amateur Radio QSL Card. The more traditional pathway of writing a reception report and mailing it to: This Week in Amateur Radio Post Office Box 30, Sand Lake, New York 12153 has given way in recent years to an e-mail request sent to n2fnh@capital.net. So, whether you receive the program over your local VHF or UHF repeater, copy the show over WBCQ or download the latest weekly Internet Podcast, you can get your own TWIAR QSL Card by taking pen to paper, or fingers to keyboard. either way works!

---
Hi Bill Just stumbled across your Telnet News article, where you traversed some of the Dutch CB Packet network, including my own. Was quite interesting how you have a poke around there, pity we didn't get to chat at the time :) Regards Greg aka PE2GRT
---
Hi,
I'd like you to know that I'm enjoying listening to TWIAR every week since about 2 months. I download the podcast usually on Sunday and listen to it over breakfast. I am a ham since 1972, my callsign is PA0RDA There are no repeaters broadcasting the show so download is the only option for me. Tanks for the entertainment.
Adrian
---
Can you please send me one of the TWIAR QSL cards?
Greg Stoddard
4750 E. Union Hills Dr. #2012
Phoenix AZ 85050
---
Hello OM,
I finally decided to send a reception report as you so earnestly request each week. I receive the TWIAR podcast each week and have been listening faithfully for two years or more. I really enjoy your editorial pieces and the sound effects with which you accentuate really makes for a FB production. Speaking of sound effects, might I suggest that your listeners likely would want to hear more of how you became involved with audio work and the sources of the sounds. Every time I hear your stuff, I wonder how the creativity and humor came about.
73 & best wishes,
Norm
WB5MJM
Fort Collins, Colorado

No comments: